Go to top of page

Applying for a Commonwealth supported place

How do I apply?

You apply for a Commonwealth supported place through the Tertiary Admissions Centre in the State or Territory where your higher education provider is located. In some cases, you may be able to apply directly to your provider (you will need to confirm this with your provider).

Return to top

How do I know I have been offered a Commonwealth supported place?

Check your offer of enrolment letter from your provider or Tertiary Admissions Centre to ensure that you have been offered enrolment in a course as a Commonwealth supported student. If not, you will have been offered enrolment as a fee paying student in a fee paying place.

Return to top

What forms do I have to complete?

If you are successful in obtaining a Commonwealth supported place, your provider will send you an enrolment package that will include the Information for Commonwealth supported students booklet and the Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP  form.

You can only get the form from your provider. Some providers allow students to submit the form online (please check with your provider). You cannot submit a photocopied or faxed form. If you need help with understanding, completing, or submitting the form, contact your provider.

You must:

  • READ the booklet, and
  • submit a valid Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP  form to the university.

The form is a legal document. It requires you to declare that you have read the booklet, and that you are aware of your obligations as a Commonwealth supported student.

If you do not submit the form by the census date, your enrolment as a Commonwealth supported student will be cancelled.

Return to top

Need more information?

Please see our Frequently Asked Questions or ask a question via the Contact us page.

Return to top