Is the information you are looking for found in the following HELP loan questions?
- Q: What is the 2017 Higher Education Reform Package?
- Q: Will I be charged interest on my HELP debt?
- Q: Can I get a refund of my HELP debt?
- Q: The ATO have contacted me saying I have a HELP debt. I’ve never studied/have paid it off. How can I check?
For contact information on Student Income Support or Scholarships and Awards, please refer to the following links:
- Student Income Support (e.g. Youth Allowance, Fares Allowance).
- Scholarships and Awards (e.g. Commonwealth Scholarships program, Australia Awards).
If you would like to speak to someone directly about your query please call the number applicable to your enquiry:
For information about HELP debt, including how compulsory repayments are calculated and how indexation works, contact the Australian Tax Office (ATO)
- Visit the ATO website (opens in a new window);
- Call the Personal tax enquiry line for information about HELP and personal tax topics on 13 28 61. Have your tax file number handy;
- For international callers - phone: +61 2 6216 1111
For contact information about Student Income Support benefits, contact the Department of Human Services (DHS):
- Visit Centrelink (opens in a new window);
- Call 13 24 90 – for information on Youth Allowance, Austudy and Pensioner Education Supplement;
- Call 13 23 17 for information on ABSTUDY;
- Call 13 12 02 for information in languages other than English;
- Text Telephone for the hearing impaired (TTY) 1800 810 586 for payment enquiries; or
- Call 1800 638 109 for ABSTUDY TTY payment enquiries.
For information about Commonwealth supported places, HELP loans (including HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP, SA-HELP, VET Student Loans, VET FEE-HELP and OS‑HELP) and Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Numbers (CHESSN) submit an enquiry below.
If you would like to send an online enquiry form for queries relating to HELP loans (HECS-HELP, Commonwealth Supported Places etc) and general website comments, please select the Student HELP loan enquiry form link.
To protect your privacy, please DO NOT write your Tax File Number in the Student HELP Loans Enquiry Form under any circumstances.
If you have an enquiry about VET FEE-HELP or VET Student Loans please select from the following links:
VET FEE-HELP Students Opt-in
For information for continuing VET FEE-HELP students about opting in to VET FEE-HELP in 2018, in exceptional circumstances, please go to www.education.gov.au/vet-fee-help-students.
VET FEE-HELP Students
If you have a general question about VET FEE-HELP please look at the information including FAQs on the following page. You can also submit an enquiry via the 'Click here if you still need help' link at the bottom of the Frequently Asked Questions if you cannot find the information you need at www.education.gov.au/vet-fee-help-students.
VET FEE-HELP Student Complaints (or debts)
If you have found out you have a VET FEE-HELP debt and do not know why, please visit the Student Complaints page.
VET Student Loans Students
If you have questions about VET Student Loans or want information about accessing a VET Student Loan for study, please visit www.education.gov.au/information-vet-student-loans-students. You should also read the VET Student Loans Information for Students booklet and factsheets at www.education.gov.au/information-vet-student-loans-students or contact your provider.
If you still have questions after reading the material available to you, please submit your enquiry via the 'Click here if you still need help' link at the bottom of the Frequently Asked Questions at www.education.gov.au/information-vet-student-loans-students.