Call one of the numbers below to ask your question over the phone:
- The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) can tell you how much you owe and how to repay your HELP debt. Their phone number is 13 28 61. You will need your tax file number when you call.
- For information about Centrelink payments, go to the Centrelink website or call:
- 13 24 90 – for information on Youth Allowance, Austudy and Pensioner Education Supplement;
- 13 23 17 for information on ABSTUDY;
- 13 12 02 for information in languages other than English;
- 1800 810 586 for payment enquiries via Text Telephone for the hearing impaired (TTY); or
- 1800 638 109 for ABSTUDY TTY payment enquiries.
If you have a general VET question, please submit an enquiry using the form at the bottom of this page.
If you have a VET debt (VET FEE-HELP or VET Student Loan) that you think you should not have to pay, go to the VET Student Loans Ombudsman.
Higher education students
If you are a higher education student, use the student enquiry form below if you have a question or feedback.
To protect your privacy, please DO NOT write your Tax File Number in the form under any circumstances.
Acknowledging the collection and use of your personal information
The information collected on this form helps the Department of Education respond to your enquiry. By completing this form, you are providing your consent to the department to:
- collect and use your personal information for the purposes of responding to your enquiry,
- disclose your information to your education/training provider for the purposes of clarifying the nature and status of your enrolment, and
- disclose your information to other relevant Commonwealth agencies like the Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency (TEQSA), the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) and the Department of Human Services (DHS) to assist them with fulfilling their regulatory/enforcement functions.