The national standards require Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) to provide students with a proper complaints and appeal process.
- make sure that marketing or advertising is ethical, accurate and consistent with the training programs they're approved to offer;
- inform students about the training, assessment and support services that they offer;
- inform students about their rights and obligations;
- formalise service arrangements with students during the enrolment process;
- deliver training, assessment and support services that meet students' needs; and
- provide students with access to accurate records of their participation and progress.
Australia's Vocational Education (VET) system has strong quality assurance arrangements to support good education and training outcomes for students and employers.
If you have concerns about the quality of your course or RTO, you can contact the regulator.
Students enrolled with an approved VET FEE-HELP or VET Student Loans provider receive extra protection under the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (HESA) and the VET Student Loans Act 2016 (VSL Act).