Higher education students

If you are a higher education student, use the student enquiry form below if you have a question or feedback.

Please note:

  • If you are interested in study, you can talk directly to the provider where you want to apply to find out if you are eligible for a HELP loan or a Commonwealth supported place (CSP).
  • If you think that you have been charged incorrectly, you must contact your university or education provider to dispute the debt.
  • You can Log in to the ATO's online services via myGov to see how much you owe on your HELP debt or to find out more about repaying your HELP loan through the tax system.
  • To protect your privacy, please DO NOT write your tax file number in the form under any circumstances

VET students

If your question relates to Vocational Education Training (VET) please refer to the Your Career(Opens in a new tab/window) website.

Students with a VET Student Loan or in receipt of VET FEE-HELP can enquire about their loan through the Department of Employment and Workplace Relation’s Student Enquiries form(Opens in a new tab/window).

If you have a VET debt (VET FEE-HELP or VET Student Loan) that you think you should not have to pay, go to the VET Student Loans Ombudsman(Opens in a new tab/window) website.


The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) is responsible for managing an individual's HELP debt. To talk to someone about your HELP debt it is advised you contact the ATO.

Online contact form

Acknowledging the collection and use of your personal information

The information collected helps the Department of Education respond to your enquiry. You are providing your consent to the department to:

Information about how the department manages your personal information, how you may access and correct personal information, and how to make a complaint is available in the department’s Privacy Policy(Opens in a new tab/window).