Your provider will issue you a Commonwealth Assistance Notice (CAN) within 28 days of the census date. It will list the units you enrolled in for that study period where you accessed Commonwealth assistance (either through a CSP or a HELP loan). You can cross check the amounts listed on your CAN with the amount that has been added to your HELP debt to make sure the calculation is accurate.

  • If you notice any errors on your CAN, you have 14 days from the date the CAN was issued to submit a written request for correction.
  • You can keep a copy of your CANs as a record of the total amount of Commonwealth assistance you have accessed for each study period.
  • If you don’t have a record of your previous CANs, you can access a compiled list of all your Commonwealth assistance using the myHELPbalance(Opens in a new tab/window) website select “Export full statement” to see all loans recorded against your CHESSN/USI.