Go to top of page

Paying Back Your Loan

Check out our Loan repayment page for information on how and when to pay back your HELP loan.

To check your HELP debt, visit How do I check my HELP debt?

If you have a HELP debt and plan to move overseas, check What if I move overseas?

Find out how Indexation is added to your HELP debt.

You can apply to Cancel your HELP debt under ‘Special Circumstances'.

Job-ready Graduates Package

Minister for Education Dan Tehan announced the Job-ready Graduates Package (the package) of reforms to higher education on 19 June 2020.

Under the package, the Government’s funding of more than $18 billion in 2020 to fund Australia’s universities will grow to $20 billion by 2024. The package will create more 100,000 new university places by 2030 and will provide additional support for students in regional and remote Australia.

The changes will deliver more job-ready graduates in the disciplines and regions where they are needed most and help drive the nation’s economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.

The package will ensure better university funding arrangements, a better integrated tertiary system, targeted investments in national priorities, improved transparency and accountability, and more opportunities for regional, remote and Indigenous students.

The Higher Education Support Amendment (Job-Ready Graduates and Supporting Regional and Remote Students) Bill 2020 was introduced into the House of Representatives on 26 August 2020 and passed the House of Representatives on 1 September 2020.

On 3 September 2020, the Senate referred this Bill to the Senate Education and Employment Legislation Committee, with a reporting date of 25 September 2020. Information about this process is now available.

For more information, visit the Job-ready Graduates Package page.