Go to top of page

What if I move overseas?

If you move overseas and your worldwide income is above the minimum repayment threshold, you still need to make overseas repayments on your HELP debt.

You must calculate your worldwide income for the income year and report it to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) by 31 October each year.

If you plan to move overseas for 183 days or more (around 6 months) in any 12 month period, you must notify the ATO by completing an overseas travel notification through ATO online services.

Find out how to link your myGov account to the ATO.